Glazed Chicken with Basil was my experiment in the kitchen which came out delicious and a great success with my fussy kids. The inspiration for this dish was the wonderful fresh Basil that was growing in my herb garden and I wanted to make a dish that I could make use of it. During my trip to Changmai in Thailand, I had once eaten deep fried fish that had basil leaves in it and I decided to try use the same style. Came out lip smacking delicious …. Happy Cooking. Hope you enjoy it too 🙂 Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 Mins Cook time : 30 mins
Serves : 4
- 500 gms Boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 7-8 Basil leaves, sliced into strips
- 2 Green Chillies, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Aginotmoto
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup oil for deep frying the chicken pieces
- 7-8 Basil leaves to deep fry
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 Green Chillies , sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Paste/ Sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp Aginomoto
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken pieces and all the ingredient for the marination and keep it aside for 20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces along with whole basil leaves on medium heat for 5-6 mins.
- Fry the chicken pieces in batches to ensure that they are well cooked and drain it on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- For the glaze : Heat the oil in a pan , add the cumin seeds and ginger and garlic paste and green chillies and stir fry for about a minute. Then add in all the other ingredients for the sauce. Cook for 2 mins , till all the ingredients are nicely mixed.
- Next add in the fried chicken pieces and basil leaves and toss it well in the sauce. Transfer to a dish and serve. Enjoy 🙂 !