I am one of the biggest fans of “Fish and Chips”. However, after eating numerous hopeless attempts in Kathmandu, I decided to make my own .. minus the chips 🙂 ( trying to cut some of the calories !) ….. For this recipe, I need a nice white flaky fish, so I choose the “BASA” fish fillet which is perfect for making this dish. It is easy to prepare , cooks very fast and tastes delicious. Last but not the least, the magic ingredient is “Panko” !
Panko is Japanese style breadcrumbs. They are flaky and much lighter, crisper and crunchier than Western breadcrumbs and they absorb less oil.
I tried and tested this recipe on my kids and nephews and they loved it . I hope you enjoy making it for your families too. Happy Cooking ! 🙂 Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 15 mins
Serves : 6
- 500 gms Fish Fillet ( Basa or any one of your choice)
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Egg White
- 1 1/2 cups Oil for frying the fish
- Clean the fish fillet and cut it in the desired size.
- Add the fish sauce and vinegar to the cut fish pieces and marinate for 15 mins.
- Whisk the egg white till it is fluffy. Dip the fish piece into the egg white and cover it on all side with the Panko (Japanese bread crumbs )
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the fish pieces. The oil must not be too hot otherwise, the breadcrumbs will burn and the fish will not get cooked. The fish should be fried on medium heat on both side. It takes 15 mins for the fish to get completely cooked.
- Serve hot with Mayonnaise or Tartar Sauce. Enjoy 🙂 !