My Grand Mom’s Nepali style Salsa 🙂 . This salsa can be served with corn chips, roasted Papads, french fries and even Pakoras 🙂 ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 10 mins Cook Time : 5 mins
Serves : 4
- 5 Medium Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 green Chillies, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 4-5 Mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Sprig Coriander/Cilantro , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Blanch the tomatoes in hot water, remove the skin and put in a blender and make it into a puree.
- Add all the chopped ingredients, chilli powder, lemon juice and salt to the tomato puree and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds to the hot oil. They will splutter so you need to be careful. Switch of the gas and pour the oil and mustard seeds on top of the salsa.
- Serve with Corn Chips /Papads/ salads