Maachaa Tareko ~ Fried Fish Nepali Style is a really simple and easy recipe and makes a wonderful addition to a meal or can be served as a snack. I have eaten various versions of fried fish, but this simple and tasty Nepali style recipe is my favorite. Enjoy 🙂 ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 30 mins ( including time for marination) Cook Time : 25 mins
Serves : 6
- 1 Kg Fish , washed and cut into pieces
- 500ml Oil for deep frying
For the Marinade :
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Zeera) Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 5 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard ( Sarso) seeds, ground into a fine paste with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp White Sesame (Seto Til) seeds
- 1 tbsp Salt or as per taste
- In a big mixing bow, mix all the ingredients for the marination. Add the fish pieces to the marinade and coat all the fishes piece nicely with all the spices. Keep it aside for 30 mins for the fish to marinate.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the fish pieces and deep fry them for 10-15 mins till the fish get nicely cooked.
- Serve with lemon wedges, cucumber and tomato chutney or Nepali Style Tomato Salsa.