Easy to make and good to eat . Spicy and hot Pork Pickle from my Grandma’s treasure of recipes. Enjoy 🙂 ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 25 mins
Serves : 8
- 2 Kg Pork
- 6 Tbsp Coriander Seeds ( Whole – DHANIA)
- 5 Tbsp Fennel Seeds ( Whole – SAUF)
- 3 Tbsp Red Chilli Poweder
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric ( Haldi)
- 3 Tbsp Dry Mango Powder (Aam Chur) OR Lapsi Powder
- 2 Tbsp Panch Phoran ( whole seeds : Sauf, Kalonji/Mungrelo ,Zeera, Methi, Rai in equal quantities)
- 50ml White Vinegar ( Sirka)
- 200 ml Oil
- Salt as per taste
Pre-Cooking Preparation :
1) Wash the pork and make 4 -5 large pieces. Put in a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water and cook for 15 mins. The Pork should be tender and not over cooked. When the meat cools down, cut into desired size cubes.
2) First dry roast the coriander (dhania) seeds and then roast the fennel (sauf) seeds in a pan for 6-10 mins on medium heat. The two should not be roasted together as they do not roast uniformly.
3) After roasting coriander and fennel seeds, grind both of them together in a grinder coarsely. It should not be very fine.To this mix, add the chilli powder and the Dry Mango Powder / Lapsi Powder
1) Heat Oil in the pan ( we use more oil in this dish as it is a pickle and can be reserved for up to 3 months in the refrigerator)
2) Add the Panch Phoran (five spice mix) to the oil and when it starts crackling, add the boiled pork pieces and cook in the Oil for 5 mins. Mix Turmeric and salt and cook for another 5-8 mins.
3) Once the pork pieces are slightly fried, gradually add the dry spices mix (coriander, fennel, chilli,dry mango powder/lapsi powder) to the pork and keep stirring. Keep the fire on very low flame and cook for a just about a min . The Masalas should be properly coated on all the pork pieces.
4) Add vinegar and Mix. Adjust chilli and vinegar according to your taste.
5) Let the pickle cool down and then store in air tight container and put it in the refrigerator. The pickle can last for upto 3 months. The Vinegar and Oil help to preserve it .