Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 15 mins
- 1 Kg Tomatoes
- 10 Dates
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 2” piece fresh ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp White Vinegar ( Sirka)
- Salt as per taste
1. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces, Slice the dates and ginger into thin juliennes.
2. Add chopped tomatoes to the pan. Add ½ cup water and cover and cook for 15 mins. Stirring from time to time.
3. Add the sliced dates ,ginger and raisins to the tomato and cook for another 5 mins, till all the water dries up.
4. Add sugar and cook for 5 mins. The chutney should have a jam like consistency and should not stick to the pan.
5. Add Vinger and mix. Let it cool and store in air tight containers. This chutney really taste good with Parathas and Rotis
Serves : 6