Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time :15 mins
½ kg Big Green Chillies
5 tbsp Coriander Seeds
2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
3 tbsp Chat Masala
2 tbsp Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Salt
½ cup Oil
1 small bowl Vinegar
1. Wash the whole green chillies. Don’t remove the stalks and dry in the sun for 1 hour so that the chillies can become softer.
2. Dry roast the coriander seeds and cumin seeds and grind it into a coarse powder. Add the Chat Masala, Chilli Powder and Salt and mix all the dry ingredients.
1. Slit the chillies length wise from one side only. Stuff the dry masala mix inside the chillies one by one.
2. Using a small spoon, pour 1 spoon of Vinegar in each chilli to wet the Masala inside it.
3. Heat oil in a flat pan ( medium hot) and add the chillies one by one so that they are arranged properly.
4. On medium heat, cook the chillies till they become soft. Turning them occasionally to ensure that it does not get burnt.
5. Add the left over Vinegar on top and cook for 1 min. Let it cool and store in air tight containers.
Note : This pickle can also be made with big red chillies and can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 3 months..
Serves : 8