Bhaturas are fried Indian bread which is best served with Spicy Chick Pea Curry (Chole) !
Prep Time :4-5 hrs ( for dough) Cook Time : 10 mins
Serves : 3-4
- 2 cups All purpose Flour ( Maida)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 1 cup Yogurt (Dahi)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Luke Water water for the dough
- Oil for frying
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Then add the oil and sugar to the flour mix.
- Add the yogurt and knead the dough. If required, add some luke warm water while making the dough. The dough should be soft and pilable.
- Cover with a weat cloth and keep aside for 4-5 hours
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Make the dough into medium size balls.
- Lightly flour a clean, dry rolling surface and place one ball on it. Roll out into a circular shape of 6″ diameter. You could also roll the ball into a long oval shape of the same size.
- After the oil becomes hot, add a rolled-out Bhatura to it gently, to avoid splashing hot oil. In 5-7 seconds, turn gently with a slotted spoon. Wait another 5-7 seconds and press gently in the center of the Bhatura with the slotted spoon.
- Drain and remove from oil when done and keep in bowl/ plate on paper towels.
- Serve hot with Chole ~ Spicy Chick Pea Curry