Thai style corn fritters are easy to make and a refreshing alternative to regular vegetable fritters which are run of the mill and tend to get a bit boring. Being a die hard meat lover, I have to constantly struggle to make tasty snacks for my vegetarian friends but this spicy corn fritter is crunchy on the outside and spicy on the inside and when eaten with the delicious sweet chili sauce is always a crowd pleaser ! Enjoy and Happy Cooking ~ Kamakshi ! 🙂 🙂
Prep Time : 10 mins Cook Time : 10 mins
Serves : 4
- 3 cups Fresh Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup diced long beans or green french beans
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients (except the oil) and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Working in batches, drop tablespoons of batter in the oil and cook for 4-5 mins until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with Sweet Chilli Sauce