Spaghetti and Meatballs is a very easy recipe to make for your family. Taste delicious, the kids love it and perfect comfort food for the family on weekends. Enjoy 🙂 ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 25 mins Serves : 4
- 400 gms Spaghetti
For the Meatballs :
- 500 gms Minced Meat ( Chicken, Pork, Beef)
- 1 egg
- 3 Bread slices, crust removed and soaked in 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 Cup grated cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil ( or Vegetable Oil)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes ( optional)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 Clove Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Chicken stock ( or 1 chicken stock cube diluted in 1 cup warm water)
- 600 gms Tomatoes , blanched and pureed ( How to blanch tomatoes ? )
- 1 tbsp dried basil or 6-7 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 4 tbsp Grated Cheese
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti. When it boils, add salt and the spaghetti and cook to al dente. Drain the water and set aside. Follow packet instructions regarding the boiling time. Check out this guide on Cooking Spaghetti Noodles.
- For the meat balls : In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the meat balls and roll the meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch medium-sized meatballs. Heat 1/4 cup oil to a large skillet over medium heat and add the meat balls. Cook until the meat balls are golden brown on all sides. Remove the meatballs to a paper towel lined platter. Repeat in batches until there are no remaining meatballs.
- For the sauce : Heat a pan over moderate heat. Add olive oil, crushed pepper, garlic and finely chopped onions . Saute for 4-5 mins till the onions become soft. Add the pureed tomatoes, chicken stock, bay leaf, chilli flakes, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to simmer and cook for 5 mins. Add the meat balls, lower the heat and cover and cook for another 15-20 mins . Add the grated cheese, mix and remove from heat.
- To serve : Serve spaghetti topped with meatballs in sauce; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.