Green Pumpkin ( The small green raw pumpkins ) is great addition to your diet. Pumpkins are very high in potassium, and have good amounts of beta carotene and vitamin C. This vegetable is a tasty side dish to your meal. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi 🙂
Prep Time : 10 mins Cook Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
- 1 Medium size Tender Green Pumpkin (500gms)
- 4 Medium size Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Fenugeek (Methi)
- 1/2 tsp Black Mustard (Rai) seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin (Zeera) Seeds
- 4 Dry Red Chillies
- 4 Medium size Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin (Zeera) Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Chop the green pumpkin ( with the cover) and potatoes into medium size cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the potato cubes and fry for 5 mins. Then add the cumin, fenugeek, black mustard seeds and dry red chillies and stir fry for 10-15 secs.
- Add the green pumpkin cubes,cumin powder, turmeric, chilli powder and salt.Mix well with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle a bit of water and cover and cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Chop the tomatoes and add it on top of the vegetables (don’t mix it) , sprinkle a bit of water with your hand and cover and cook for 3-5 mins.
- With the steam, the tomatoes will become soft and mushy. Now, mix the tomatoes and the vegetables together and cook till the vegetables become tender.
- Serve with Roti/ Rice