During summers, we have an abundance of carrots and I try to think of all the ways in which we can consume them. Carrot cake being one of our favorite Tea cakes 🙂 .Easy to make and tasty to eat . This recipe makes a soft, moist and yummilicious cake. Enjoy ! 🙂 ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 Mins Cook time : 40 mins
Serves : 6
- 2 cups grated Carrot
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Cups All purpose Flour ( Maida)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 Degree C. Grease and flour the baking tins.
- Combine the grated carrots, raisins and sugar in a bowl and keep it aside for 10 mins. The sugar softens the carrots.
- Beat the eggs, oil and vanilla in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder
- Add the flour mix to the beaten eggs mix and combine well with a spatula. Add the milk,sugar and carrot mixture and the chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- Pour the mix into prepared baking tins. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Test with a skewer in centre -if it comes out clean then it is cooked, otherwise bake for a further 5 minutes
- Once ready, allow to cool for 5 mins. Turn out on a wire rack and let it cool .