With the onset of Winters in Kathmandu Valley, it is time for hot food and soups but we are blessed to have wonderful warm and sunny winter afternoons, where one can sit back and enjoy a meal with the family. During this season, we get the Pamelo fruit also know as “Bhogotey” in Nepali , in abundance and this spicy pamelo fruit salad is one of our favorites enjoyed by young and old , basking in the winter sun. Enjoy and have fun with your family ~ Kamakshi
This recipe is very easy to make and additionally, there are multiple benefits of eating Pamelo like helps to prevent cold and flu, anemia,osteoporosis and helps in healthy teeth and gums, regulates blood pressure and aids in weight loss 🙂
Prep Time : 25 mins Cook Time : 5 mins Serves : 4 – 6
- 2 Pamelo fruit ( Bhogotey / Chakotra)
- 4-6 Medium size Oranges
- 4 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds, lightly roasted and powdered
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Curd/ Yogurt
- 1 tsp Fenugreek ( Methi) seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric ( Haldi) powder
- 2 Tbsp Mustard Oil / Vegtable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel the Pamelo and the Oranges, de-seed and cut into small pieces.
- To the cut pieces, add sugar, salt, red chilli powder, sesame powder and curd and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the fenugreek seeds and fry for about 10-15 seconds till they become black, switch off the heat and add the turmeric to the hot oil. Pour the oil over the mixed fruits and mix well. Adjust sugar and salt according to your taste.
- Serve immediately ( this salad is best eaten as soon as it is ready. If you wish to eat it later, get all the ingredients ready and mix them couple of minutes before you are ready to serve.