Banana and chocolate, the two combination that my husband loves and needless to say anything baked. This marbled chocolate banana bread is the combination of all three. Easy to make and a wonderful addition to any Tea Time or Breakfast. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 50 mins
Yields : 1 Loaf
- 3-4 Ripe Bananas
- 2 cups All purpose Flour ( Maida)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts / Almonds
- 1/2 Brown Sugar
- 1/2 White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Milk or Hot water
- Preheat your oven at 190 degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the bananas, yogurt, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and sugar and mix and mash.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Adding one tablespoon at a time, add the flour mix to the mashed banana mixture and mix with a spoon or spatula.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the mixture into a separate bowl. In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder with the milk/hot water till all the chocolate dissolves. Add the chocolate mixture to the the banana mixture you kept in a separate bowl and mix well so that you get a nice chocolate brown colored mix. Add the chopped walnuts/almonds to the banana bread mix ( either one !)
- Grease a 8′ x 4′ loaf pan. Scoop half of your plain banana mix into the pan. Then add your chocolate mixture and then top it with the other half of your plain banana mix. Nothing has to be precise here, it can be random. Once all of the batter is in, take a butter knife/ chopstick and swirl it through the batter in circular directions for about 15-20 secs.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 mins till the cake is done.Test with a skewer in centre -if it comes out clean then it is cooked, otherwise bake for a further 5 minutes
- Let it cool for 10-15 mins in a cooling rack. Slice and serve.