Green Coriander Fish is one of my favorite recipes which was taught to me by my Grand Mom. A unique flavor and the fish simply melts into your mouth. Easy to make with just 3 ingredients and a tasty family meal. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook time : 25 mins
Serves : 4-6
- 1 Kg Fish ( any firm white flaky fish), cut into steaks ( for this recipe, it is best to select fish which has few bones)
- 3 cups , Green Coriander, chopped
- 6-7 Green Chillies, made into a paste
- 2 tsp Cumin (Zeera) Powder
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil / Sunflower or Soyabean Oil
- Salt to taste
- In a blender, add the chopped green coriander and little bit of water and make into a smooth paste. In a mixing bowl, add the green coriander paste, green chilli paste, cumin powder, salt and Canola oil and mix well to make the marinade.
- Add the fish pieces into the marinade and coat the pieces well. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins
- Take a non-stick pan ( do not try this recipe with a normal pan otherwise the pieces will get stuck to the pan and will break easily as the fish meat is very tender) and place the fish pieces without overlapping. Pour the extra coriander paste over the fish pieces.
- Heat the pan with the fish pieces. Cover the pan and cook for 10 – 12 mins on medium heat. The steam will help to cook the fish.
- Then remove the cover and cook the fish till the oil starts separating. During this time, gently flip the fish pieces so that the green masala gets cooked on both sides.
- Serve with steamed rice.
NOTE : One can also make this fish in the oven. After the fish pieces are marinated, take a silver foil and place all the fish pieces and the green paste on top. Seal the foil and bake the fish pieces in your oven for 20 mins on 190 degrees celcius.The fish will be cooked when it flakes easily and it is no longer translucent.