Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 45 mins
- 2 Kgs Pork Trotters ( cut into round circular chunky pieces )
- 2 Big Onions – thinly sliced
- 5 tbsp Roughly Mashed Ginger
- 5 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 25-30 Red Whole Dry Chillies ( with stalks removed …. reduce the Chillies if u have a mild stomach )
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste ( or 4-5 Medium Size Ripe Tomatoes )
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cups of Water
- Salt according to taste
- Soak the Pork Trotters pieces in hot water for 15 mins. Use a knife to scrape the out skin clean and wash it well so that is there is no dirt on it . There should not be any hair or dirt on the pieces. If in doubt, hold it over the gas fire so that the outside is slighted burnt and then scrape it clean. Always ask your butcher to cut the pieces for you as it has a lot of big bones and it is difficult to cut it into pieces at home.
- Heat the oil in a Pressure Cooker and add the sliced Onions and fry for 5 mins . Add the Ginger and garlic and all the whole Red Chillies and try till the onions become light brown. The Chillies should not be burnt, therefore, they are added after the onions .
- Add the Turmeric, Cumin, Chilli powder and salt and fry for 2 mins. Add the Pork Trotter pieces and mix well in the spices. Add the Tomatoe Paste ( or Tomatoes) and cook for 5 mins. Add the Water ( The water should be below the level of the meat. Excess water will make it watery )
- Put the Pressure Cooker cover and cook for 15 mins . It should not be over cooked so open and check if in doubt. if the meat is 95% cooked, then you can remove the cover and cook it in without the pressure, till the meat become soft. If there is lot of water, then cook it in the open without a lid, till the water reduces. The gravy should be thick. Now, it is ready to eat.
Note : If it is cooked one day in advance, it taste even better. Enjoy !
Serves : 8-10