This Summer, I and my hubby decided to substitute our lunch with summer salads. A healthy choice but a challenge as I have to come up with interesting summer salads to suit our palate and at the same time which would be simple to make. Started my hunt for summer salads and found a treasure trove of really nice and simple ones. Starting with this colorful Asian Noodle Salad that taste amazing… Enjoy ! :) ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 5 mins
Serves : 4
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly cut into juliennes
- 4 celery stalks, julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and thinly cut into juliennes
- 2 green onions, sliced into long strips
- 1 mango, thinly sliced into strip
- 250 gms Mung bean noodles/glass noodles OR rice noodles OR Soba noodles
- 2 tbsp dry roasted, unsalted peanuts (with no cover), cut into halves
- 4 green chillies, sliced and cut into juliennes
- 10 Mint leaves, sliced
- 3 tbsp sugar , powdered
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Ginger paste/ finely minced
- Salt to taste
- To make the dressing mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the noodles as per the directions in the package. If you are using Mung bean noodles , you need to boil them in hot water for 3-4 mins till they become transparent and then wash them once in cold water and drain the noodles to remove all the water. With scissor , cut the noodles cross wise so that they are easy to mix.
- In a big mix bowl, add the noodles and all the sliced vegetables and mango. Then add the dressing on top and mix well.
- Sprinkle the roasted peanuts and serve.