- 2 Kg Ripe Papaya
- 5 Green Cardamom ( the seeds should be removed and grind-ed into powder )
- 1/4 cup Raisins (soak in water for 10-15 mins to soften it )
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Peel the papaya and cut into small cubes. Put the pieces in a pan with 1 cup water and cook it for 20 mins till the papaya become soft. The amount of water and time can be adjusted based on the ripeness of the papaya. The idea is to get it soft so that you can mash it up.
- When the papaya gets soft enough, mash it properly, add the sugar and cook for couple of minutes till the water dries up.
- Add Oil, cardamom powder, raisins and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the Ghee cook for about 2 mins and serve hot.
- You an also add slivers of almonds on top of the Hulwa before serving ! Enjoy
Serves : 6