Prep Time : 5 hours (for soaking) Cook Time : 20 mins
- 1 1/2 Cups dried Chickpeas ( Kabuli Chana )
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 5 tbsp Sesame Seeds ( Til)
- 2-3 flakes of garlic
- Pepper & Salt as per taste
- Soak the chickpeas in 6 cups of water for 5 hrs . Drain the water and keep aside. Add the chickpeas to a cooker and add enough water to cover the chickpeas. Pressure cook them till they are tender. Alternately, you can use tinned chickpeas instead of dried ones.
- Roast the Sesame seeds for about a minute and grind it into a powder.
- Combine chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and sesame paste in a food processor and blend until ingredients come together into a thick paste.
- With the food processor running, add a little water, about half a tablespoon at a time, until the hummus becomes smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer creamy hummus into a bowl . Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil just before serving and sprinkle with paprika.
Hummus can be served with Vegetable sticks / Pita Bread / Falafel (chickpeas fritters).
Serves : 6