Contributed By : Amrita Rai
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 20 mins
- Carrots – 8 long (finely shredded)
- Clarified Butter/Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup/or more according to preference
- Mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios, raisins) – handful chopped (for garnish)
- Cardamom powder/Elaichi powder – 1.5 tsp
- Heat a deep pan/skillet. Add a tablespoon of clarified butter/ghee and let it melt. Add the shredded carrot and saute (approx 15 mins.) on a low flame until the carrot changes color to caramelized color/light brown. Take care not to burn the carrot. The raw smell should also disappear by now.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add Milk and allow to boil until the mixture begins to thicken and carrot turns tender. Mix thoroughly until Milk evaporates completely.
- Remove from stove. Garnish with mixed nuts and sprinkle the cardamom powder ( if needed).
- Serve Hot with Vanilla Ice-cream.
Serves : 4