Today I tried another new recipe which was inspired from my favorite show – Food Safari…. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish . The best part of the dish was that it was very simple to make. It is uniquely made by stewing the chicken in soya sauce and vinegar. My success is measured by my kids acceptance of any new dish. They loved it and I will make it again and next time in larger quantities. I love my family for being open to idea of trying new dishes from different cuisine around the world which has inspired me to go beyond the boundary of just our regular Nepali food !
Be Adventurous - Happy Cooking !
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 30 mins
Serves : 4-6
- 1 kg Chicken, cut into serving size, with skin on
- 2-3 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup Dark Soya Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon , roughly crushed garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon whole pepper corn, roughly grinded
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and fry till it is golden brown on all sides.
- Add the crush garlic and cook for 1 min till the garlic is light golden brown. Add the salt and crushed pepper and mix well.
- Next add in the bay leaves and soy sauce and let it simmer for 2 mins. Add the water and cook for 15-20 mins till the chicken is tender.
- Add vinegar and sugar and cook for another 5 mins. Adjust the sweet, salt and sour ingredient according to your taste.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Delicious Chicken Adobo ready to eat ! … Enjoy !