Prep Time : 4 hours (marination time) Cook Time : 45 mins
- 1 kg chicken pieces or fillets ( with no skin )
- 200g yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 tbsp garlic, grated finely
- 2 tbsp tandoori powder ( easily available in the market )
- 1 tsp tandoori food colouring (optional)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, ground
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- To get the marinade to soak into the chicken, using a sharp knife, make 2-3 slits on the chicken fillets before mixing the marinade.
- In a bowl mix together yoghurt, salt, chilli, coriander, cumin, garam masala and tandoori paste. Rub mixture into chicken and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours in the fridge. If you have the patience, u will get better results if you marinate it overnight
- Place all the marinated pieces into a roasting dish and pour any extra marinade over the pieces.
- Pre-heat your oven to the highest temperature.
- The first 20 mins I cooked covered with silver foil so that the chicken pieces would not get burnt but the foil would capture the heat and steam and cook it form inside out . After that, I took out the foil and cooked it for another 15-20 mins ( depends upon the amount and size of chicken pieces !) without the foils so that I could get the nice roasted taste.
SERVES : 4