Recently one of my Foodie friends, Donna, added me to a wonderful foodie group called ~ Kuch Khatta, Kuch Meetha Aur Kuch Teekha , which literally means – Something Sour, Something Sweet and Something Hot 🙂 🙂 …One of the members, started a Recipe Challenge for “Stuffing’s “….. I could have posted one of the many recipes which I have made using stuffings but then, this was a wonderful excuse to making something tasty again. Since I had some bell peppers at home, I decided to stuff them and here is the outcome ~ Delicious baked bell peppers stuffed with mince meat, vegetables, mushroom and rice and topped with melted cheese …. 🙂 …. Enjoy ! Happy Cooking ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 30 mins
Serves : 6
- 6 Large Bell Peppers (Shimla Mirch)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese for the topping
For the stuffing:
- 250 gms Minced Meat of your choice ( Pork, Chicken, Beef, Lamb)
- 1 Medium Onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely diced
- 1 Celery Stick, finely diced
- 1 Small Carrot, finely diced
- 1 Cup Mushroom, finely diced
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 3 Medium Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Cut the peppers in half length ways and scoop out the seeds and membrane. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add 2-3 tbsp of salt to the boiling water and then add the peppers and boil on high heat for about 3-5 mins till the flesh is slightly softened. Take it out and put it in cold water for about a minute. Drain and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and garlic and saute for about a minute. Add the chopped carrots, mushroom, pepper and celery and fry for 1-2 minutes till they become tender. Then add the mince meat and cook till the meat becomes brown. Now, add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, soya sauce, tomato sauce and dried oregano. Mix well.
- Next add the cooked rice and mix well into the mince meat and fry for about a minute. Rub a little oil on the outside of the peppers ( it will help with browning) and stuff the rice and mince meat filling into the bell peppers and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and place all the stuffed peppers .Bake the peppers for 10 mins till the cheese melts.
- Serve Hot.