Potatoes and Spinach leaves also know as Aloo Saag is a tasty and easy side dish with any meal. Spinach is high in fiber and aids in digestion and helps to maintain low blood sugar. A tasty way to eat your greens. Serve it with Roti or Partha.
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
- 4 Medium Potatoes, cut into cubes
- 500 gms Spinach ( Palak), chopped
- 2″ ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Onions , chopped
- 2 green Chillies , choppped
- 1 tsp Cumin (Zeera) powder
- 1 tsp Coriander ( Dhania) Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric ( Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Wash the spinach leaves and drain them properly so that there is no water left in the leaves. Chop the spinach and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the onions, ginger, garlic and chillies for about 2 mins.
- Add the chopped potatoes and stir fry for another 5 mins. Then add the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt and fry for 2-3 mins. When the masala starts sticking to the pan, sprinkle a bit of water and cover and cook over low flame till the potatoes become tender
- Add the spinach leaves to the potatoes and cook for another 3-5 mins. The leave should on be over cooked. Sprinkle garam masala and serve with Rotis.