According to my Grandma, every meal should have something spicy and tangy to make the food interesting. Every meal she serves always had a chutney, pickle or a salad as one of the mandatory side dish. This recipe is easy to make and spices up any boring meal . Enjoy 🙂 !
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 10 mins
Serves : 4
- 5 medium size boiled potatoes
- 2 limes
- 6 green chillies
- 1 tsp Whole Timbur (Szechwan peppe) or 1/2 tsp Timbur powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Jimbu (Himalayan Herb ~ a.Wallichhi ) / 1 tsp Kasturi Methi ( Dried Methi Leaves)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely mash the boiled potatoes and add 1/2 cup of warm water and mix it so that it is semi-liquid.
- Make a paste of the green chillies, timbur and salt and mix into the mashed potatoes.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder and lime juice to the potatoes and mix well.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the Jimbu / Kasturi Methi. Remove from the heat and pour it over the potatoes and mix well.
- Adjust the salt, chillies and lemon according to your taste.
- Serve as a side dish to any Indian/ Nepali meal.