I had eaten this dish during one of my usual food tasting trips with my friends and ever since I got hooked to it . Easy to make and tasty to eat. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook time : 20 mins
Serves : 4-6
For the Shredded Patotoes
- 1/2 kg small potatoes , peeled and steamed until barely cooked (not soft)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
For the Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 4 shallots or 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100 gms button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp red wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- salt, pepper
For the Shredded Potatoes :
- Grate the potatoes coarsely. Heat the butter with the oil in a large heavy frying pan over moderate heat. When the butter melts and the foam subsides, place the grated potatoes in the pan and spread it out.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and lower the heat and cook for 8-10 minutes . Turn the potatoes and cook till they are slightly brown.
For Mushroom Sauce:
- Heat butter and oil in pan. Add finely chopped shallots and sliced mushrooms,Sauté slowly for 5 mins till the water dries off. Stir in flour and saute for 4-5 mins over low flame till the flour becomes light brown.
- Add the tomato paste and crumbled stock cube.Gradually add 2 cups of water, stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper and add cream .
- Add red wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
To Serve :
- Serve the shredded potatoes topped with the Mushroom sauce and fresh green salad.