This recipe taste simply delicious and is a really good way to cook something quickly when you don’t feel like cooking anything tedious. Especially for people like my brother, who is Single and sometimes does not have the time to cook and who loves good food, especially which takes less effort to cook ( now, if that was possible for all dishes we would all be in gourmet heaven !!! ) .This dish is a comfort food in its easiest reincarnation.Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 10 mins Cook Time : 15 mins
Serves : 4
- 425 gms Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Sprig, Curry Leaves
- 1 large Onion, sliced horizontally
- 2 Scallions ( green Onions) , finely chopped (Optional)
- 3-4 Green Chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Mustard (Rai) Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugeek (Methi) Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin (Zeera) Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in the pan and add the mustard seeds and fenugeek seeds. When the splutter, add the green chillies and curry leaves and fry for about a minute.
- Add the sliced onions and garlic and fry for 2 mins till the onions become soft. Now add the chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric, soya sauce and cook for couple of mins till the tomatoes become tender and the oil separates from the gravy. Sprinkle a bit of water while cooking so that the masalas do not stick to the pan.
- Add the chopped scallions, mix with the cooked tomatoes and then add the sardines along with the tomato sauce. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins ( You don’t have to cook for long as the sardines are already ready to eat !). Adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with rice or Chappati