Pork is one of the favorite meat in our house ( considering we are a clan that thrives on meat !) and this is one of my favorite recipe which has been passed down from my Grand Ma. It is simple as ABC and does not need any oil as the meat is cooked in its own fat ! Great recipe for first timers 🙂 ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 10 mins Cook Time : 15 mins
Serves : 6
- 1 Kg Pork , cut into medium size cubes
- 2 Large Onions, finely diced
- 7 Cloves of Garlic, finely diced
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 3 Medium Tomatoes , finely diced
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, first add the pork meat. On top of the meat , layer with the chopped onions, garlic, ginger and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chill powder, turmeric and salt on top and add 1 cup of water.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 15 – 20 mins till the meat becomes tender.
- Switch of the gas, release the steam from the cooker and open the pressure cooker. The gravy will be watery when you check the meat.
- Place the cooker ,without the cover on the gas and cook for 5-10 mins till the water dries off and the gravy becomes thick and the oil starts separating from the gravy.
- Serve and garnish with coriander.