One of the best part about Summers is the abundance of fruits in the market. This is the best time to make your pickles, chutneys , juices and salads. Plum Chutney is a sweet and tangy cooked chutney which is great with any meal and taste absolutely delicious with stuffed parathas. Enjoy ! ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 min Cook Time : 25 mins
Serves : 6-8
- 3 tbsp butter/ Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp powdered cardamom (elichi) seeds
- 1/2 cup Raisins ( kismis)
- 1 kg Ripe Red Plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, finely grated
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- Heat the butter in a pan until it froths. Add the coriander , cardamom and red chilli flakes and saute for 10 secs and add the chopped plums, garlic,ginger and onions and mix well with the spices. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook covered for 15 mins till the plums become soft and pulpy.
- Add the raisins, vinegar and sugar and cook for another 10 mins till the chutney becomes thick and glazed. Constantly stir the chutney so that it does not stick to the pan.
- Serve with Roti/ Parathas or any meal . Can be refrigerated and kept for a week.