Pizza Pasta as the name suggests is kind of pizza made with Pasta. I had some leftover pasta from our dinner and was wondering how to reuse it to make something quick and tasty for breakfast. Then I remembered, that long time back, when I was watching David Rocco’ Dolce Vita show on Food Network ( BTW, for those of you, who are wondering who the heck is David Rocco ~ David is not a chef. He’s Italian! Canadian-born David Rocco immerses himself in the charm and beauty of Tuscan life as he visits local markets and prepares authentic, easy-to-learn classic Italian dishes.), I had seen him preparing pizza pasta with left over Spaghetti. It was so simple (it took 5 mins to make it !!) , I could not resist trying and it came out like a dream. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 5 mins Cook Time : 5 mins
Serves : 2
- 1 1/2 Cup boiled pasta or Spaghetti
- 2 Eggs OR ( 1 Egg and 1 tsp Cornflour mixed in 2 tbsp cold water)
- 4 tbsp Shredded Cheese ( adjust it according to how cheesy you want it )
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, cheese, salt and pepper and add the pasta and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and pour the pasta egg mixture into the pan and flatten it out like a pancake. Fry for 2-3 mins till the underside becomes golden brown. To flip the pasta, cover the pan with a plate larger than the pan, and hold it covered. Flip the pan and plate together to transfer the pasta onto the plate, then slide the uncooked portion back into pan and continue cooking for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot .
Note : If the you have big sized pasta, the pizza pasta can break. You can chop it up into smaller pieces.