Spicy Chicken Gizzard is a very popular appetizer and taste really good even as a side dish to your meal. It is spicy, hot and just perfect for any meal. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 25 mins
Serves : 6
- 1 kg Chicken Gizzard, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Big Onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Ginger/Garlic Paste
- 4 Tomatoes, finely diced
- 4-5 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (zeera)
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek (Methi)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce ( Optional – I used it to get the rich dark brown color)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken gizzards and cut them into bite size pieces
- In a pressure cooker, heat the oil and add the cumin and the fenugreek seeds. Then add the chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and fry till the onions become soft.
- Then add the chicken gizzard and all the other spices and fry for 5 mins. Add chopped tomatoes and soya sauce and mix well. Fry for another 2-3 mins. Add 1 and half cup water and pressure cook for about 15 mins.
- Release the steam from the cooker and open it. If there is extra liquid, cook it over high heat for 2-5 mins till the gravy thickens and the oil separate from the gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.