Pasta and meat sauce is my kids favorite dinner. I love serving it as it is the only way I can easily get protein and vegetable into their diet. It is a great meal for grown- ups too .Happy Cooking ! ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 20 mins
- 500 gms Mince ( Pork, Mutton, Beef, Lamb)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 medium potato, peeled & finely chopped
- 5 Medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 red pepper / capsicum, seeded & diced
- 4 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour / Arrowroot
- 1 chicken cube
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (400g) baked beans (optional)
- Chopped Celery and shredded cheese to garnish
- 500 gm Pasta/ Spaghetti
- Heat oil in a pan and add the garlic and stir fry for a minute. Add the diced onions, carrots, potatoes and red pepper and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the mince meat to the vegetables and cook until lightly browned.
- Add diced tomatoes, chilli powder, chicken cube, soya sauce ,salt and pepper and cook with the meat and vegetables for 5 mins. Mince meat tends to cook very quickly.
- In one cup of water, mix the cornflour. Add the tomato sauce and 1 tbsp of soya sauce to this mix, stir and pour it into the mince meat. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Add the baked beans to the meat sauce and cook for 2-3 mins. Adjust seasonings as per taste.
- Cook the pasta in hot water as per the instructions given on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Serve pasta, topped with the meat sauce, shredded cheese and celery.