Masala Fish, just the way my Grand Mom makes. Excellent with plain rice . Enjoy 🙂
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 30 mins
Serves : 4
- 1 Kg Fish Fillet
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 6 Whole Dry Red Chillies
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 5 Medium Tomatoes , chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Medium Onions, 5 cloves of garlic, 1″ Ginger – Made into a paste
- 5 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and clean the fish fillet and marinate it with turmeric, salt and lime juice and keep it aside for 10-15 mins.
- In a non-stick pan, take 2 tbsp of oil and shallow fry the fish on both side on medium heat and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat 3-4 tbsp of oil and add the whole red chillies and bay leaves. Saute for a minute and add the chopped tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes become tender.
- Add the turmeric, salt and chilli powder. Add the onion,ginger and garlic paste and mix well. Cook for 10-15 mins till the masala is well done and the oil starts leaving from the masala.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and let it boil. Then add the fish fillet to the masala and cook for 5-10 mins till the fish gets nicely cooked and soaked into the masala and the oil separates from the masala.
- Serve with rice.