Keema Matar is a North Indian dish which is very easy to make and a combination of minced meat and peas and flavored with spices. It is usually eaten with Roti/ Naan or plain rice. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 10 Mins Cook Time : 25 mins
Serves : 5-6
- 500 gm Mince Meat ( Mutton/ Lamb/Beef/Chicken)
- 1 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 6-7 cloves garlic,mashed and chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 4-5 cloves (Laung)
- 2 Black Cardamoms
- 1″ Cinnamon (Dal chini) stick
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Cumin (Zeera) Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 2 tsp Fennel (Sauf) , dry roasted and powdered
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Coriander/Cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and the black cardamom and fry for a minute
- Add the chopped onions and fry them till they turn golden brown. Next, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and fry for 3-5 mins.
- Add the mince meat, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder, turmeric, salt. Mix well
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry well till the oil starts separating. Add 2 cups of warm water, cover and cook for 15-20 mins till the mince gets cooked.
- Add the peas and cook till they are tender and the mince is dry. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with roti/ puri/ paratha/naan.
Note : Since I like chunkier mince, therefore, I have used homemade mince which is not so fine as the mince which one gets in the store.