Prep Time : 10 mins Cook Time : 0 mins
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 tea bags OR 4 tsp. loose black tea
- juice of 1 fresh lime or lemon
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar (taste-test for sweetness, adding more sugar as desired), or equivalent of syrup
- pinch of salt
- ice cubes or crushed ice
Garnish: slices of fresh lime or lemon and sprigs of fresh mint
- Boil 4 cups water in a pot on the stove Add the loose tea or tea bags. Stir well.
- Allow tea to steep for at least 5-6 minutes while you add the other ingredients.
- Grate the ginger into the tea . Stir well.
- Add the sugar , starting with 1/4 cup. Stir to dissolve. Taste-test for sweetness, adding more sugar (1-2 Tbsp. at a time) until your desired sweetness level is reached.
- Squeeze the lime or lemon juice into the tea, and add a pinch of salt. Stir well.
- Using a strainer and a ladle, strain the tea into a jug. Place jug in the refrigerator for an hour, or until tea is cold. OR, if you want to enjoy the tea right away, strain into glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish the glasses with fresh lime slices and sprigs of fresh mint or sweet basil. Add straws if desired. ENJOY!!
Serves : 2