Gulyo Aap ko Achar is Nepali style sweet Mango Chutney. It is a seasonal chutney as it is made with raw mangoes and can be served as an accompaniment with Rotis, Parthas or any other meal. It can be stored in the fridge for about a week to 10 days. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 25 mins
Serves : 8-10
- 2 Kg Raw Mangoes ( You can even use the slight ripe ones, which are a bit sour in taste)
- 1/2 cup Regular White Sugar / Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric ( Haldi) Powder
- 5-6 Dry Whole Red Chillies , cut into halves
- 1 tbsp Panch Phoran ( 1/2 tsp each of Cumin, Fennel, Fenugreek, Nigella and Mustard seeds)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- Peel the mangoes and cut them into bite size chunks or cubes
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the whole dry chillies, bay leaf and the Panch Phoran seeds. Fry for about 1-2 mins and add the mango pieces and mix well and fry for about 5 mins.
- Now add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, Asafoetida and salt and mix again. Add a cup of water and cook till the mangoes become tender for about 10-15 mins. Stir it constantly to prevent if from sticking to the pan.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 10 mins ( stirring occasionally) till the sugar melts and the chutney thickens and starts leaving the side of the pan.
- Let it cool and store in air tight container in a fridge.