When the Summer sets in, we always feel like eating something refreshing. Salads are those refreshing additions to any meal. Green beans salad is easy to make and is a fun way of eating your vegetables in summers when you don’t feel like eating greasy and spicy curries. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 5 mins
Serves : 4
- 250 gms Tender French Beans – threaded and sllit into long thin slices
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds ( Til), lightly roasted
- 2 tsp Mustard Paste OR 2 tsp Mustard seeds ground with 2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 7-8 flakes garlic, roughly mashed and chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (Optional)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Boil 4 cups of water with 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp Sugar. When the water starts boiling, add the sliced french beans. Boil for 2-4 mins, till the beans become tender. It should not have a raw taste but at the same time, it should not be over cooked. Drain the beans and strain it one time with cold water. Leave it in the strainer to drain out all the water.
- In a bowl mix the mustard paste, pepper,salt, lemon juice, chopped garlic and olive oil. Add the mixture to the beans and mix well. Refrigerate for about halt an hour.
- Transfer the salad on a dish, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds on top of the salad. Serve.