Contributed By : Priyanka Chaudhary
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 45 mins
For Steam Fish
- 1 whole fish, (Rohu, Tilapia Fish of your choice ) about 1 kg
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoons Garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- Masala Mix ( Optional for Nepalese taste only ) (Coriander, Cumin, Meat Masala, Chilly Powder ½ teaspoons each mixed in 1tablespoon water)
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
For Garlic Sauce
- ½ cup Garlic Chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup corn flour
- 3 tablespoon Soya sauce
- 10 Red chilly roughly chopped into flakes
- 1 &1/2 cup of Water
- coriander sprigs
- Lemon slices
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 -4 whole Red dried chilies
1. Clean and rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Make three or four diagonal slashes down to the bone on each side of the fish and gently rub with salt, garlic paste masala mix and soya sauce inside and out. Put aside for 10 minutes.
2. Fill a steamer or wok with water to a level of 5–7.5cm and bring to the boil. Put the fish into steamer. Cover, reduce the heat and steam gently for 15–20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
3. While the fish is steaming, Heat the butter in a frying pan adds chopped garlic and chili flakes until softened add corn flour and roast for 2-3 minutes add water gradually. Add soy sauce and cook until it becomes a thick sauce for about 6 minutes.
4. Heat Vegetable Oil and fry the whole chilies until the Chilies are brown.
5. Transfer the fish to a serving dish Pour the Garlic sauce first and add the seasoning of vegetable oil and chilly over the top
6. Garnish with coriander sprigs and lemon slices and serves immediately.
Serves : 4