Prep Time : 10 mins Cook Time : 20 mins
- 1/2 Kg Eggplant / Brinjal/ Baijan
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 2 Medium Onion
- 3 Medium Tomatoes
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder ( Dhania)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder ( Zeera)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek (Methi ) seeds
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 chicken cube (optional)
- 1 sprig of coriander / Cilantro/Dhania
- Salt to Taste
- Cut the eggplant and potatoes into small cubes about 1/2 inch. Wash and drain.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add the potatoes and fry for 3 mins till the potatoes are a slightly crisp. Then add the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, chopped onions,chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Fry for about a minute and then add the turmeric, salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and stir.
- Add the eggplant and mix with the potatoes and masala. Sprinkle a bit of water and cook it on low heat for 10 mins. To make a tasty eggplant curry, the eggplant should always be cooked with minimum water over low heat.
- When the vegetables are a bit soft, add chopped tomatoes and the chicken cube ( this is optional and is added to give a nice flavor to the eggplant) . Sprinkle a bit of water and cover and cook for additional 5-10 mins till the vegetables become tender and the oil starts separating .
- Serve in a dish and garnish with coriander.
Serves : 4