Yogurt and Egg is an unusual combination but a very tasty one !
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 5 mins
Serves : 6
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups Plain Yogurt (Dahi )
- 2 1/2 tbsp Mustard (Rai) Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 6 Green Chillies
- 2 tsp Mustard Oil
- 5-6 Curry Leaves ( Kadi Patta)
- Salt to taste
- Hard boil the eggs. Peel and cut into halves and keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of Mustard seeds, green chillies and turmeric and grind to a smooth paste. Add a bit of water if required. Add the paste and salt to the yogurt and whip it up so that the paste mixes nicely with the yogurt.
- Pour the yogurt into a shallow dish and dunk the egg halves into the yogurt.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the asafoetida . Add 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds and curry leaves and pinch of turmeric.
- When the curry leaves start changing colour from green to a dark brown, take the pan off the heat and pour the mixture over the eggs and yoghurt.
- Serve with rice and lentils.