Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time : 0 mins
- 2 cups of yogurt (plain or sweet )
- 2 fresh scallions ( green onions in simple language
- 1-2 fresh green chilies
- 1 thumb-sized ginger root
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cucumber
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (Zeera) seeds
- 2-3 black pepper corns
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seed and grate it . After grating, squeeze and remove all the excess juice
- Mix the yogurt and the cucumber. Puree the ginger and garlic and mix.
- Chop the Chilli and Scallions and mix
- Heat cumin seeds in a dry saucepan until they smoke, then reduce to a powder with the peppercorns and salt. Add to the raita.
- Garnish with Mint and/or Coriander (Dhania) leaves
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hr and serve
Hint : If u r like me and like some sweet taste, then add a spoon of powdered sugar and raisins !!!