Corn Dogs , as the name suggested is Hot Dog Sausages, fried in a corn flour based batter. They are very popular beach side and carnival food in the US and many other countries. They are very simple to make, delicious snack on a stick and very popular with kids. My kids easily gobbled up a whole plateful of corn dogs , during their after school snack. Enjoy ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 10 Mins Cook Time : 10 mins
Serves : 4
- 6-8 Hotdog Sausages, boiled for 2-3 mins and cut into half
- Oil for frying
- 6-8 Satay Sticks, cut into half or toothpicks
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour ( Maida)
- 1/2 Cup Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the batter and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. To test if the oil is ready, add a drop of the batter to the oil and it should rise to the surface immediately without getting burnt.
- Dust the sausage halves with a bit of flour ( so that the batter can stick to it ) and dip it in the batter to coat it well. Shake the access batter off and drop the sausages gently into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 mins and serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
To make it easier for the kids to eat it , poke a tooth pick or satay stick to the end of the corn dog. They will love it , just like my kids did !