Alu Tareko is Nepali Style Stir Fry Potatoes and in each house that I have tasted this dish,it is never the same. This is my Mom’s style of making potatoes. This dish is a side dish to a Nepali Lunch Thali but I also like to eat it on its own. I usually eat it with spoonfuls of my Granny’s Style Tomato Salsa. Enjoy ! ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 10 min Cook Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
- 500 gms Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek ( Methi) seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 2 slit green Chillies
- 4-5 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 tbsp Dried Coriander/ Dhania Leaves (Optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Parboil the potatoes ( should not be over cooked) . Let them cool and cut then into long pieces
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add the methi seeds and green chillies and let them sizzle in the pan for couple of seconds.
- Add the potatoes, salt and turmeric and fry it for 3-5 mins. Stirring it constantly so that it does not stick to the pan. The potatoes should be slight browned.
- Add the dried coriander leaves . Give it a stir and fry it over low heat for another 2-4 mins.
- Serve Hot .