This dish is a typical Nepali side dish during lunch time. It adds a zing to any food platter and is wonderful as a snack too ~ Kamakshi
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 15 mins
- 6-8 medium boiled potatoes
- 1 spring Coriander /Cilantro/Dhania
- 4 tbsp White Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger &Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 4 tsp Mustard Oil for tempering
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric ( Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek ( meethi) seeds
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Roast the sesame seeds over slow fire for 2 mins till they get crisp. Stir constantly while roasting so that it does not get burnt. Grind the seeds and make into a powder.
- Cut the potatoes into medium sized cubes and add chopped coriander, salt, chilli powder ,sesame powder and ginger garlic paste and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the fenugreek seeds. When the seeds starts spluttering, add the slit green chillies. Fry for 5 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add turmeric to the oil, mix and pour on the potatoes. Add the juice of the lemon and nicely mix so that the potatoes are evenly coated