Cauliflower and Potatoes make a nice combination and can be eaten with Chapatis or Rice.
Prep Time : 15 mins Cook Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
- 1 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Medium Potatoes, cute into cubes
- 3 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 tsp Coriander (Dhania) powder
- 1 tsp Cumin ( Zeera ) Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric ( Haldi)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil over medium heat and add the potatoes and fry until lightly browned (about 10 mins). Remove the potatoes from the oil and keep aside
- Add the cauliflower pieces to the pan and fry, turning constantly until brown in spots (about 4-5 minutes).Remove from the pan.
- Mix the turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder with 1 tbsp of water and make into a paste . Heat the oil in the same pan and add the cinnamon , cloves and cardamom. Saute for 1-2 minutes and then add the mixed paste into it and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry and then add the sauteed potatoes and cauliflower and salt. Mix well and fry for couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sprinkle with little water and cover and cook the vegetables over low heat till they become tender.