One of my favorite Sunday breakfast with my family is Aloo Paratha . Partha are whole wheat unleavened Indian bread . They are both plain and stuffed. You can use different kind of stuffings like cauliflower(gobi), radish ( Muli), cottage cheese ( Paneer), potatoes ( Aloo ) etc, when making stuffed parathas. Aloo parathas are served with curd and pickle. You can also serve them with Spicy Chickpeas for wholesome meal for lunch. Enjoy ! 🙂
Prep Time : 20 mins Cook Time 20 mins
Serves : 6
For the Potato Stuffing :
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin (Zeera) powder
- 2 chopped green chili
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro (green coriander)
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder ( Amchoor) – Optional
- Salt as per taste
For the Dough :
- 3-Cups wheat flour,
- 2-tbsp oil,
- Salt to taste,Water to knead.
- For the filling : Mash the boiled potatoes and all the other ingredients for the stuffing and mix well.
- For the Dough : Mix flour, salt and water together to make soft dough. Knead the dough for a few minutes on a lightly greased surface to make smooth and pliable dough.Set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth. Let the dough rest for at least ten minutes. Make lemon size dough balls.
- For step by step instructions on how to stuff and cook the parathas, please check my recipe for Puran Poli ~ A Sweet Paratha.
- Serve with Yogurt and Chilli or Mango Pickle.